Darul Iftaa Michigan was established in 2021 with the goal of providing sound Islamic guidance to the Muslim public. The Darul Iftaa operates under the supervision of Qari Muhammad Ilyas (may Allah ﷻ preserve him). All fatawa issued are checked and approved by him.
Darul Iftaa Michigan strives to provide research based guidance pertaining to local and global issues on matters related to Islamic Jurisprudence (Fiqh). This includes questions relating to matters of worship, marriage and divorce affairs, distribution of inheritance, financial transactions, etc. Queries about Creed (aqīdah) and social issues will not be entertained.
Guidelines For Queries
- Queries can be in English, Urdu, or Arabic. Questions will be responded to in the language they are received.
- Queries should be direct, to the point and void of superfluous detail.
- Queries should pertain to an individual’s personal matters. Matters involving others or heresy will not be entertained.
- A maximum of 3 questions are allowed per query. Additional questions will require a separate question.
- Queries which are meant to incite emotions or cause discord will not be entertained.
- Darul Iftaa Michigan aims to answer queries in a timely manner. However, due to the large volume of queries, it is possible that there may be a delay in receiving a response. Please do not submit your query multiple times nor repeatedly ask for an answer.
Please note that Darul Iftaa Michigan is not a legal court. Therefore, the fatawa issued are not official legal verdicts and are not legally binding. Their sole purpose is to provide sound Islamic guidance. Darul Iftaa Michigan bears no responsibility for any fatawa used out of context.
Form To Submit Questions:
Please note that any information provided will be held in the strictest confidence and will be used solely for the purpose of answering your query. No information will be made public in any form.
For any questions regarding the Darul Iftaa, please email email@example.com.